Ah, Sundays –the last day of freedom before beginning the week. Whether you enjoy getting some shut eye to regenerate or you prefer getting your brunch on, we can all agree that Sundays can be bitter sweet. It reminds us that on Monday we will head back to work with all of the responsibilities that await us. Thats’s why a Sunday routine is needed to help us ease into the week on a positive note.
The key is to adopt a few smart habits while also making time to enjoy the day. Trust me, when you tackle Sunday the right way, Mondays will be a little less dreadful. These tips will help you do just that.
1. Wake up at 9:30- 10AM Don’t sleep past 10am. Waking up no later will give you time to complete your to do list early, and you still have the rest of the day to enjoy.
2. Meditate / Self reflect Take the first few minutes of your day to get in tune with yourself. Think about what you are grateful for. Be mindful of your thoughts in the morning; meditate and pray. Do whatever it is that allows you to feel grounded and alive. You can take this time to reflect on your past week and set goals for the week ahead.
3. Get organized Your space affects your productivity and your how you are feeling. Tidy up your living space. Do your laundry and deep clean your room. Not only does this have positive benefits but it also elevates your mood. Trust me, the feeling you get after cleaning is total satisfaction.
4. Grocery Shopping Failing to plan is planning to fail. Stock your fridge, cupboards, and pantry with healthy, great tasting food for the week ahead.
5. Meal Prep Doing a little prep work on Sundays will allow you to save time cooking meals during the week when you come home tired from work. It’ll also save you a ridiculous amount of money from buying lunch throughout the week.
6. Self-care Set aside time to recharge and practice some self-care. You can do any of the following:
- Take a long, hot bath.
- Go for a walk.
- Sit down with a good novel.
- Write in your journal.
- Do something creative: draw, play a musical instrument, do woodworking, or write a short story.
- Listen to a guided meditation.
- Listen to music.
- Watch a movie
7. Make time for your friends and family Throughout the week we might not have time to spend with our loved ones. You can set some time aside on Sundays.
8. Get some Z’s Make sure you get enough sleep so you wake up well rested on Monday morning.